Sunday, May 15, 2011

oh how time does fly...



A lot has happened over the past few months. Patrick and I were married. No big deal... We just recently moved from Middleton to an apartment in Meridian, and are enjoying being much closer to family and friends. The first few months of our marriage were enjoyable, but we have had quite the ride. One day while I was playing housewife on my day off of work, I locked myself out of the house. I had just managed to start boiling some water to make ramen noodles... (I just love our choice of food)...before I went outside to take out the trash. As I went to open the door, I was overjoyed to find that the knob would not turn. Luckily I had just managed to throw some clothes on before I took out the trash... But I was still braless, makeupless, phoneless and shoeless. Fortunately, we lived out in the country with nowhere to run for help. Even if I had made it across to the neighbor's house to use their phone, I wouldn't get help soon enough before my house burned down. I began to use my imagination and imagined i was in a movie. I stumbled across the dirt looking for a possible entrance into my house. Time was ticking and all I could think about was the pot on the stove. After no luck, I grabbed the biggest rock I could find. I didn't want to think about the pros and cons of the decision I was about to make because I knew it was stupid, but I had no other choice. I threw the rock as hard as I could and was amazed to find how easily it broke through the glass. I felt like a hero. My heart started pounding as I soon found that I couldn't even reach the window that I had broken, and better yet there was still glass obstructing any possible entrance. So I just began throwing more rocks. The damage was already done. Soon the neighbor boy spotted me in distress and came over to see if there was anything that he could do to help. Together we threw rocks and began to pull glass out of the frame. I was able to then reach my hand through the window and grab a blanket to cover up the rest of the glass so I could safely get in. My neighbor boosted me up and I crashed to a floor covered in glass. I ran to the kitchen to the pot just as the last drop of water had evaporated. My decision was probably rash, but I honestly felt so great in that moment. Like a real action hero...so hardcore. Fortunately, Patrick was handy enough to board up our window until we were able to get a replacement.

2 comments:

  1. Kelsey, you're post is in hieroglyphics!!!Haha! I was able to transfer it to word and get it translated...You are crazy woman!!! But if there was nothing else to do, I think I would have done the same thing. I'm glad you are safe and so is the house. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kels! That is sooooo hardcore. I am honored that I know you. You are kind of like MacGyver, except you're like, "Screw fashioning something with my used bandaide, car battery, and this piece of dental floss, hand me that rock!" *smashy, smashy*

    BTW, I love your cryptic style.

    ReplyDelete