Friday, December 10, 2010

our love story



A dear friend of mine wanted me to tell "our story"...
so here it is. all the gushy details. just a boy and a girl... falling in love. one day at a time...

It was a Sunday afternoon in the month of May. I had just arrived at church and tried to find a spot by someone I knew. I looked around for a minute and my eyes caught a glimpse of Dani. She is the pretty girl at church... the kind of girl you don't want to sit by. The kind of girl who couldn't be any nicer, but will destroy the entire outfit, hair, and makeup routine you have been struggling to make look somewhat decent all morning. I had no other choice but to sit by her. We greeted each other with a smile and within a few seconds she had sparked conversation. She asked if I was single... of course a girl like her would ask someone like me if I was single... I was. I was very single. I don't think you can get more single than I was. Every other thought of mine was about a boyfriend. I ate, slept, breathed future boyfriend. I wanted a little sugar daddy more than anything. Someone to pick up the tab on my shopping trips, someone to kiss, someone to call me baby... a boyfriend.
Very quickly I explained my situation to her and let her know that if she ever had any friends- I would be more than willing to check out her prospects. She then leaned over and told me to look at the boy sitting in the row behind us. I discretely looked back, pretending like I was looking around at the light fixture. I immediately got very hot and sweaty, and couldn't fight the smile that had landed on my face. Mr. and Abercrombie and Fitch was sitting in the very row behind me. I had always assumed he wasn't Mormon because never wears his shirt in the store, but you never can tell. I tried to act as mature as possible. Dani told me this hottie was a very funny boy and a really sweet kid. She let me know that she could definitely hook us up on a date. Needless to say... I don't remember the talks in church that were given that day.
After sacrament meeting hot boy approached me. I was dripping in sweat by now and could hardly talk. I was making a fool of myself. This boy had a killer smile and his sense of humor was already coming through. He was totally dreamy. After asking him the same question about three times and not knowing what else to say I headed to Sunday school.
After class got out he approached me again and asked for my number. I just about fell over, but acted pretty cool and tried not to act too interested. He told me that I should go to his friends bbq that night and asked if I was going to the fireside that night. He assured me that he would save me a seat at the fireside if I went. All of these encounters were so overwhelming... In the back of my mind I was guessing total player status from this boy. I decided to just go along with it and see where it would go. I could always play him back if need be.
I got home and announced to my whole family that I had met my new boyfriend... There was one problem.. His name was Patrick. Seriously, who has a name like Patrick? I didn't actually ever think I would meet a Patrick... but I had... and I was going to make him my boyfriend. I figured people would get over the fact that his name was Patrick after looking at him. Total eye candy. Fortunately, he was more than just a pretty face.
I arrived at the fireside looking fine. I spotted lover boy and took a seat next too him trying to hide the fact that I had completely changed my outfit and done my hair differently. I don't remember the talks from that night either... but, Patrick did sing the hymns that night, and I was impressed.
After the fireside, we went to his friends house for a birthday party. He opened my door as we got in the car. My mother would have been impressed. This boy was just getting better and better. At the end of the night my cheeks hurt from smiling so much. When I got home he pulled the typical end of date move and said that we should hang out again. Luckily we did. We hung out the next night, and the next. And have every night since.
On Tuesday night we went over to his friends house to play some games. After we were done, we went outside and he stopped me before I got into the car. He got this funny look on his face and started talking about shoes. He gave me this long explanation about how he gets so overwhelmed when he goes shoe shopping because there are so many good looking shoes. Then he told me about how he loves when he finds a perfect pair of shoes that actually fit. The are very comfortable and look great and he wants to wear them all the time. He told me I was like his favorite pair of shoes. Total creeper status. This boy did not even know me. Next thing I knew he was just staring at me for a minute. Then he gave me that look. You know, THE LOOK. I got weak in the knees and my heart stopped. He went in for the kiss. It was the best two seconds I had ever experienced in my life. It was perfect. I forgot he was creepy. By Thursday we were official.
It hasn't always been rainbows and butterflies, but everything that has happened has gotten us to where we are today. Sorry ladies, but I can honestly say without a doubt that I am the luckiest girl in the world. I couldn't be any happier and am so excited to begin this new journey. For some reason forever doesn't seem long enough. I get butterflies every time I see this boy. He always tell me how much he loves me and is very patient with me. I love every minute I spend with him. I love the way he treats people and the way he treats me. Most importantly, I love his testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ. He never fails to make me smile. I can't wait to be his baby's mama.

3 comments:

  1. great story Kels! Wish I would have written ours down while it was still fresh in my mind. I sort of started it once but stopped my journal entries the day I got on the plane for Oregon where Dan would propose. So excited for you. Oh and BTW I got you a little somethin' somethin' wink wink :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwww.... What's wrong with the name Patrick?... I think it's a great name. Sounds like a great catch, Kelse. Congrats to you both. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl you couldn't crack me up any harder! can i just say 5 words?...if it weren't for me...i guess we were never know! i sure love you and i hope you two have a great life together..(or else i'd probably be the one to blame) seriously though, please be our friends! don't be strangers. come to our party! PLEEEEEASE! you haven't even responded on FB. i loved the post though! love you!

    ReplyDelete